Abandoned Amusement Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique Wolf Roleplaying Experience

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cages of Destiny

Go down 
+5
Terra
Howie
Rubie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cole
Coordinator
Coordinator
Cole

The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Cole rolled his eyes as the one named Howie spoke that he knew his way around. What a whelp. Him and the small red female. He wondered if Karma had gotten what he had meant by the look that he gave her. Just as he shifted his paws so that he would be more comfortable in his sit position another wolf showed up. She seemed to be quite full of herself Cole gave a grunt.

Howie was the first to speak to her, and the female had replied coldly with a remark to the cowering russet female. He gave a huff as he watched the mexican stand up for her. The pied male got to his paws, allowing his height and weight to overbare them with his presence. "Why don't you whelps both cut it out, your both acting like pups!" His eyes shifted between the wolves. "Now I dont know about you lot, but I am taking this area as my territory. And Karma, if she so desires can run it with me. But you three can either leave or take a little test I have in mind, if you wish to stay. Either that or meet your death by challenging me." he growled deeply at the three.

He turned slightly to Karma to see her reaction he thought that he and her had more than proved they could work together, against the elephant. And thus would make good leaders. If she didn't want to, he wouldnt mind, he was still going to take this area over regardless. He was the biggest and strongest here out of all the wolves. And wasn't about to give that up.

(( best agree with Cole, so we can get the pack thing going ^^ ))

Back to top Go down
https://abandonedamusement.rpg-board.net
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm

"Why don't you whelps both cut it out, your both acting like pups!" His eyes shifted between the wolves. "Now I dont know about you lot, but I am taking this area as my territory. And Karma, if she so desires can run it with me. But you three can either leave or take a little test I have in mind, if you wish to stay. Either that or meet your death by challenging me."

The dark pelted female beside the stocky white and black brute must be Karma, as she doubted he was asking the trembling russet wolf or the other female to lead with him. Though the light ginger female wasn't too pleased about being called a whelp, Kristla's eyes took on a new gleam at the mention of a test. She pondered hard about it, deciding it would be to test their strengths and cunning if he was looking for possible pack mates. He didn't seem like the kind of wolf who would accept any weak idiots. And if that was so, it would be a challenge. The mere thought of the word challenge sent shivers of anticipation down her spine. It was something she couldn't say no to, no matter how dear the consequences were. She stepped in front of the two leading wolves, nodding her head in a rarely seen form of respect from her. "So... Is this test dangerous?" she asked slowly, and her tail curled in excitement. "If it is- There's no way I can refuse your offer."

(Short)
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Howie technically knew he hadn't treated the golden female like a pup in any way, but he felt bad all the same. He didn't like making wolves angry, however full of themselves they were. Apologizing, though Howie felt tempted to do it, wouldn't make sense. He resolved to be nice to the female if he ever saw her again after this.

He jumped a good three feet in the air as Cole spoke.

"Why don't you whelps cut it out," the wolf snapped, towering over him. "Now I dont know about you lot, but I am taking this area as my territory. And Karma, if she so desires can run it with me. But you three can either leave or take a little test I have in mind, if you wish to stay. Either that or meet your death by challenging me."

Howie lowered his head, tucked his tail, flattened his ears, and turned his head away - the whole nine yards of submission. So I was right, he thought miserably. They want to steal my zoo. He should run away, right now. There was no way he could - Howie remembered suddenly the creepiness of the forest. He could hardly go in there after dark, let alone live there! How would he survive without his zoo? He couldn't even hunt properly.

Howie knew he had no other choice. Looking his lips anxiously, he turned his gaze to Cole and gave a fearful, obedient nod. "Okay."

(now there's the Howie I know and love)
Back to top Go down
Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:10 pm

There was no way that the dark female was going to tolerate this golden pest causing trouble where it was not needed. Her ears flattened as she prepared to step in, but Cole beat her to it. He mentioned making a pack, and a test. Karma nodded silently in ascent. She knew that the white and black male was capable of plenty and she would not doubt him.

Howie seemed upset by this shift in the predicament. This was his zoo, after all. Stepping between this new female and Howie, she cast her a cold glare, "I would watch your tongue, little one. You are digging a grave that you will not be able to get out of. And by the way." She took a step closer to the point where their heads almost touched. "You had better back off of that little russet female. She did nothing to you, and you walking in here like you own the place is not a good way to set your first impression."

Her growl was low and deathly serious. Rubie reminded Karma freshly of a different young wolf that she had once known. One that she had thought of as a sister. After making the connection, the dark female knew that she would make sure that Rubie was safe. Glancing at Cole, she dipped her head. She would take position as leader beside him, but something needed to be taken care of first.

Spinning around and flicking the rude newcomer with her nose, Karma looked at Howie, "You know how to maneuver this place?" She was genuine (which was a shift for her), and no hostility remained in her eyes. If they were going to make a home of this zoo, they would need Howie's help.
Back to top Go down
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 10:47 pm

”I would watch your tongue, little one. You are digging a grave that you will not be able to get out of. And by the way.” She took a step closer to the point where their heads almost touched. ”You had better back off of that little russet female. She did nothing to you, and you walking in here like you own the place is not a good way to set your first impression.”

The corner of Kristla’s lips twitched as she withheld a snarl in reply. Karma didn’t scare her at all; even with her piercing stare and intimidating tone. They didn’t know she had apologised to the russet fae. They also didn’t know she had no intention of taunting her further. But Kristla was ok with that, for she didn’t know them and didn’t intend on becoming friends with them. And as soon as she had succeeded in the challenge the white brute had spoke of she would be out of there before they could even congratulate her. Her left ear flicked. No. They weren’t the type of wolves to congratulate.

She lay down on the snow covered ground, watching as Karma questioned the small tawny male. For now Kristla wouldn’t be so judgmental of everyone. Instead she allowed herself to be calm and let a tranquil aura emit from her. Hopefully it would prevent her from getting into any more fights for the time being. Of course, she thought mischievously, I won’t hold back once I’ve proved myself. Her golden head lay on her paws, though not out of tiredness or submission. Her blue and red eyes drifted over to the russet female, hoping that she wouldn’t tell anyone she had been soft.
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:50 pm

This was all so new to him. He'd seen cages before, but they were full of snapping snarling mongrels, half dead mutts, frothing, writhing bodies of muscle and blood and fangs, throwing themselves against the bars for freedom, for death. He never cowered then, knowing the strength of bars, having tested them with his own body many times, but to no avail.

Empty cages made him leery. He'd been walking again for many days, steady in his pace due to the stiffness in the old injury that restricted the movement in his shoulder. He felt good, for he had walked for months without seeing bars. However, at the sight of the old structure of the zoo, the brute felt a draw of nostalgia. It had been a bad life, but it had been his, and it had become comfortable.

His coat was sandy brown, thick to help protect him from the harsh lifestyle of the steppelands. Underneath the pelt were many scars, carefully groomed and hidden. His eyes were filled with curiousity, subdued wonder, and a touch of nervous light. They were in constant motion, scrutinizing, studying, observing. A breeze came between two structures, and ruffled the male's fur. It also brought him the scent of others. Hair rising on the back of his neck, he remembered the snarling faces of monsters in cages, more demon than animal, and wondered at his own face when he raged against the unrelenting bars. It must have been an ugly thing, because even his features when serene seemed stern.

He'd met other loners in his travels, and at least for a little while most were eager for company. He felt the same, even though often he understood very little of what the others would say to him. He had enough of the common language to get around, but he was no master of it. At least body language was universal.

Decision made, he turned himself toward the direction of the scent, moving slowly, but with purpose. A moment later, he came into view of a small cluster of wolves, some appearing stressed, others subdued. He gave a friendly wag of his tail, but said nothing, cocking his head to the side as though asking permission to approach.
Back to top Go down
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Rubie gave a small whimper, looking away as a sandy female came over with insulting words. She knew she wasn't brave but there was no need to go saying it like that. Leaning away she, let Howie reply to her. However when the female came over to her, Rubie quivered in fear, worried that the female was either going to insult her further or tear her face off or both. What happened instead was a surprise. She couldn't keep the look off her face that the golden one had apologised.

Cole suddenly speaking up gave Rubie a fright, the female jumping back in shock. She felt like melting into a puddle in the snow. Howie was submissive, the other wanting to know if the test was dangerous. Rubie certainly hoped not. Danger was not something she liked.

Hearing Karma telling the other female to back off, her ears flicked forward before returning to their place against her neck. Was she standing up for her too? For now she didn't notice another male who had entered the area.
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 pm

"You know how to maneuver this place?" Karma was looking at Howie- Howie.

The Mexican shrugged. He didn't really want to show the female around as she could explore by herself. Besides, if Cole came along... Howie wanted to flee from him as it was; trying to explain things to the male would be a nightmare.

"Uh, yeah..." Howie said awkwardly. "I know which cages you can get into and which you'll be stuck in forever. There's the place I sleep, which is an abandoned building. It's nice and warm. There's the forest, and the safari area."

He shook his head at that dreadful thought. "You never want to go to the safari. Huge, dangerous animals live there."

At the sound of a twig snapping, Howie turned his head to see another wolf. This one was large and, well, different somehow. But his tail was wagging, and that meant he wasn't going to kill anyone.

"Hi!" Howie called.
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Bataar blinked dumbly for a moment, but the brief greeting was understood by the sturdy-looking brute. He wasn't really one to yell, so at the implied invitation of the other, the wolf approached with purposeful slowness. He wasn't much for smiling, and although he had a face built for sternness there was no cruelty in it. Carefully he scrutinized each wolf as he approached. He noted those who appeared to be leaders, those who seemed keen on listening to them, and one whose body spoke submission but whose eyes still held a glitter of defiance. Was this a pack? Having little familiarity with the look of one, he couldn't be sure, but for now, assumed that these others were loners as he was.

By now he was in the ranks of the wolves, carefully watching each for any funny moves. For now, he saw none, but old habits die hard, so they say. His focus was on the male who addressed him. Bataar's brain tried to build a strategy for defeating the wolf if it came to a fight, an automatic response to any new encounter, built in a life of facing very few of his kind without trying to kill them.

"Hi." He repeated thickly. The wolf had a bit of an accent to him, a tongue still unused to conversation, much less to the language of these lands. Despite his uncertainity in speech, in action he seemed more sure of himself. He was cautious, but confident, cool and collected, and masking curiousity about this place and these wolves.
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 am

Terra sat silently, somewhat amused by the conversations going on and the fact everyone in the clearing ignored her prescence completely. The only movement the fae made was that to scooch aside for the cowardly russet female to awake.

Despite her better judgement, and supposedly the common thought, Tear took an automatic liking to the she-wolf with the attitude. She was sassy and pushy in Terra's eyes, but independent. She wasn't afraid to stand up and talk back. She liked that. Meantally the female made a note to speak with her and make her an ally.

It was the mention of a test that brought her back from her land of thoughts. Her head snapped up to look at the black and white male (Cole). She started speaking to him despite whatever conversation he was in the middle of at the moment. "I am willing to take any test. I need somewhere to stay anyways, and this is a start. Plus, what do I have to lose?"
Inside, she was quivering at the thought of possible death. She wasn't sure what the test would lead her to do, but desperation was more powerful than fear in the female's mind.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 Aybann11

The southern end of the main zoo site, away from the grouping of wolves, almost seemed to be smothered in an eerie silence, only the occasional clang of a cage door in the wind and bay of a trapped animal disturbing the chilling atmosphere. An occasional wisp of white wove smoothly through the wrought iron cages - a spectre, a shadow, a wolf. Her paw-steps were as silent as the shadows themselves as she manoeuvred her slender body through the maze of concrete and steel overgrown by a great deal of greenery. A small scowl curled one side of her lip; she did not like it. She was an arctic wolf and so very much enjoyed snow-blanketed forests and wide open plains that stretched on as far as the eye could see. Not this.

She had seen worse though, and so she continued to explore the dark crevices and strange metal devices that occupied the surfaces of the worn pavement. Ash-tipped ears perked, a particular building caught her eye, the door hanging widely ajar and half off its hinges to reveal a dark room with strange glass screens and wired objects. Her sense of curiosity sparked, she trotted lightly towards the opening, stepping in with little hesitation as she sniffed it out - clear.

Shaking out her pristine white pelt, she examined the room. Almost all of its contents was unfamiliar to her - surveillance screens, various lights and microphones, computers and keyboards. Padding forward, her immediate instinct was to get higher up to investigate the items, spying a strange ledge held up by a spike that jutted out into five other sticks each held up by a ball (it's a rolling computer chair, okay xD). Unaware of its properties, she leapt atop it, a graceful movement until it began to slide out from beneath her.

A small yelp escaped her jaws as her blunt claws extended to grip desperately at the padded surface while it slid freely to the other side of the room, crashing once into a cabinet. The force then propelled her and the seat in the other direction as she balanced precariously atop it. Crashing to a halt at one of the desks her forepaws flew out in an effort to steady herself and landed heavily on the switchboard. As she scrabbled to leap atop the desk switches flicked back and forth, a few lights beginning to flick that had been dulled by many layers of dust and grime.

Freeing herself from the dastardly chair, she skittered forward across the desk, hitting all sorts of keys and buttons on the way.

"I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware!"

The white wolf just about jumped out of her skin as the voice seemed to come out of nowhere, completely oblivious to the power of speakers. A snarl contorted her fingers as she tensed herself for a fight, the sound never appearing to come closer or go further away. In one corner of the room, wires sparked as they struggled to transfer the noise to the entire zoo, only the occasional flicker of sound making its way through.

With a grunt, the white wolf lunged off of the desk and loped out the door, looking over her shoulder only briefly as she composed herself. Calmed, she leaped up a few metal boxes to jump atop one of the metal cages, the top of it in clear view for the gathering of wolves. She caught their scent just as she crested the cage, the sunlight glinting on her white fur as she looked down on then right when -

"OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KINGGGGGG!"

The same voice she had heard before blared through each of the speakers in the park used for announcements as the necessary wires made a temporary connection that would end up lasting only about a minute. Music continued to play through and as she quickly grasped it was not a physical threat, a small smirk alighted her features while she observed the wolves as though she had planned it all along, the Lion King's 'I Just Can't Wait to be King' playing as background music behind her.

[[Did someone say dramatic entrance??? ...or novel-length post? whoopsie ^^' -- for those too lazy to read^ she went into a control room and accidentally triggered it to play 'I Just Can't Wait to be King' just as she walked atop a cage for all to see her]]
Back to top Go down
Cole
Coordinator
Coordinator
Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 pm

"So... Is this test dangerous?"
      "If it is- There's no way I can refuse your offer."

"Okay."

Cole looked to the goldey-brown female that was first to respond she seemed excited that there was this challenge, this was a good outlook. Cole was happy about having this female around and was sure that she was to pass the test he had in mind. Howie on the other hand might of been a different story, the way he froze up in talking, wasn't a good thing. It could mean death for the male, that would be amusing to the male.

He saw that Karma was happy to take the lead position next to him. Cole gave a grin. Things were falling to place nicely. He sat and curled his tail to his side as he looked at the small group of wolves that was now forming. He looked up as he saw a new male approaching. Howie started a conversation with them but the big brute seemed a bit unsure. His ears flicked as he watched the male, knowing that he could be a possible threat to Cole himself and the new foundations of his pack. His ears flattened in a warning against the male not to try anything.

"I am willing to take any test. I need somewhere to stay anyways, and this is a start. Plus, what do I have to lose?"

Cole looked to the cream female. Perhaps she would be another good wolf to have around. His ears flicked and he rose to his paws as he listened in on the last bit of Howie's words. 'the safari. Huge, dangerous animals live there'. Perfect. It would be the perfect place to hold this little test of his. Wolves would have to survive a night in this safari area and they would be able to join the pack.

Cole's ears perked as he heard music playing suddenly. He stood up and looked around, his nose to the air sniffing it. His hackles upon his back rose as his tail curled up over them, a low rumbling growl became present in his throat, what was going on.

Something drew the white and black male's eyes up to a rock that was nearby, up atop it was a white she-wolf. His ears returned to normal relaxed positions and his hackles and tail flattened out. His eyes remained on the she-wolf. She seemed to be a wolf that he would find perfect. She seemed to be powerful minded and arrogant. Cole liked it.

"Hey lass, Whatcha doin' up there?" he barked up to the female up on the ridge as the music continued to play. His ears flicked waiting on a response from the female.
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

((xDxD still trying to figure out a color for ol' Howie))

Howie gave another nod to the new male. "I'm Howie."

Again the Mexican wondered how, after months of solitude, he managed to find himself surrounded by six wolves at once, none of whom seemed to know each other. He made mental notes of everyone in the group: Cole was indisputably creepy and mean; Karma, he didn't quite know if she was good or bad, but she was definitely better than Cole; Rubie had yet to speak a word - Howie desperately wanted to make the poor thing less scared; the golden lass was going to hate him forever, and he'd have to watch his tongue around her; the cream female hadn't said much though he guessed she was as lonely as he was; the new male seemed different somehow, but as Howie was a Mexican wolf among a bunch of grey ones that didn't seem like a big deal.

"OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!" Even though he knew it was a human sound that meant nothing, Howie jumped three feet in the air with a yelp. He turned, ears pinned against his head, to see yet another wolf standing atop a rock. This one was a pretty white lady who wore a smug expression as she looked down upon the group.

"Hey lass, watcha doin' up there?" Cole sounded nice. Howie snorted. Cole had to give him, who technically owned the territory, dirty looks - but along comes a lady who may very well have an attitude and it's the greatest thing Cole's ever seen. Howie slumped back on his haunches, feeling ticked.
Back to top Go down
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 am

Oh I just can't wait, to be kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnggggg!

Kristla's cranium swivelled toward the sound, her ears immediately perked with interest. She had only heard music once before, and would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy it. She loved the extremely loud kind (though it did sometimes hurt her ears), when the speakers made the ground tremble with the rhythm of the song and Kristla felt as if the earth were truly alive. She wondered if the music could be altered somehow. Was there a way she could change the beat? The thought enticed her greatly, so she decided she would try it out one day. Movement caught her eye, and her duo coloured gaze shifted to a wolf who perched on a rock, a smug smirk plastered across her face as she looked down at the newly manifested pack.

The female had white fur, a strong build and a confident air. Kristla immediately figured that Cole would give her the same reception he had given her; a scolding, prehaps a dirty look... Though she was shocked to see him being almost nice to the pretty wolf. She stared at the white fae for a moment. The stranger. Cole. The stranger. Cole. Her features remained emotionless and unreadable to the wolves around her. Though inside Kristla felt a surge of resentment and distaste. How come this new female had received such a "friendly" welcome from the alpha? Kristla was just as arrogant and attractive as her, yet Cole seemed to have taken no shining to the light ginger fae. Not that she was jealous. In fact- she was far from it. It just made her feel bitter. Was she not good enough for the "O high and mighty one"? She snorted mentally. Maybe he thought no one was good enough for him, yet here he was, mooning over the newest fae. No. Not mooning. But he was still acting out of character. Kristla was way out of his league anyway. Maybe he was too blind to see that. 

She pointedly turned away from the group, exasperated. She would gather herself a few allies in the new gang; that way, she could surround herself with followers and perhaps start her own pack once the test was over with. She smiled to herself. What a great plan. She padded lightly over to a creamy female who lay on the ground (Terra). She hadn't seemed to dislike Kristla at all; she hadn't snapped at her or cowered before her. She would probably be the easiest to pursuade. The golden hued wolf padded over and settled down at her side. "Hello," she smiled politely, "My name is Kristla. What's yours?"

(Oh Kristla, y u so brain damaged? XD Also Krissy's color is hot pink now :'D)

Last edited by Kristla on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Rubie looked over in the direction that Howie had spoken a greeting to. Another male was coming closer. The brightly furred female felt liked she'd been surrounded and trapped. So many wolves, closing in on her. Her legs trembled, hardly able to stay standing due to the claustrophobic feeling around her.

"OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KINGGGGGG!"

"Ahhhhhh!!!" Rubie let out a scream, terrified by the sudden noise. She dove under the closest thing, which happened to be Karma. With paws over her eyes she hid there, not wanting to come out to see what kind of creature was belting out such a sound. Still in shock she could not hear the other wolves voices, as Cole spoke to the female atop the building and the creamy female introducing herself.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:48 pm

The snowy female kept her stance rigid above what she assumed to be a pack, examining the individuals carefully for signs of weakness - a force of habit. Immediately she picked out who the leaders would most likely be, a black and white male and dark grey female at the centre of the gathering, each holding themselves with an air of superiority around them. Others made it quite clear that they were not so dominant like a reddish female who dove under the legs of the leading wolf at the sound of the music. Her ears perked though as the large di-coloured male spoke.

"Hey lass, Whatcha doin' up there?" he asked in a seemingly welcoming tone. Two others however appeared to react poorly, the ginger-gold female seeming to shoot a resentful glare both towards her and the male before pointedly turning away - a discouraged lover perhaps? - and the light tawny-brown male leaned back on his haunches, though his despondency seemed directed more at the large brute than herself. None of this was of much significance to her though for she had no intention to stay long enough for their quarrels to matter.

Turning her fiery gaze to the male that had spoken she raised a brow. Judging from the many scars that wracked his body he was no stranger from a fight, and under normal circumstances she would take him on head on without a moment's thought, but after weeks of travelling with few sights of food she wasn't at her physical peak, and then if the others came to his aid...

She was a warrior, not a fool, and so she smothered much of her rebellious instinct and gave a small nonchalant shrug while letting her gaze wander as though her presence was of little interest. "Just inspecting the view - a rather interesting place you're running here." There was a steeled edge to her smooth voice, though most would find that remained almost always as she eyed the wolves below - better to be underestimated and show them up than have them meet you front up with full force, as she had been taught.

Twitching an ear, she continued on in a slightly cocky voice, "Well then, aren't you going to invite me down, or at the very least introduce yourself? Or aren't you in charge?" With a sly smirk shadowing the corners of her mouth, her gaze slipped to the other large male (Bataar) who seemed the only other competition for alpha male.

Last edited by Ayla on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 am

"Howie." The male repeated, the semblence of a smile on his face. The pronounciation of the "H" at the beginning of the wolf's name was slightly gutteral, like someone with phlegm in their throat. "Yes." He added, sounding pleased. It was an odd choice of words. Perhaps a 'pleased to meet you' or even a 'charmed, I'm sure' would have been appropriate. This wolf simply said 'yes.'

"I am Bataar. It is good to meet Howie." He added, seeming to think carefully about his words and the formation of his sentences. Seeming to relax, the wolf's eyes danced over the others gathered - the musical female and the male who addressed her, the petite fae who hid under the paws of another. A pair of she-wolves who seemed interest in meeting one another, and of course, Howie.

He turned his eyes then to the area around him. "Here. Here is what place, please?" He seemed to be asking where he was, but the word choice was terrible. He obviously had little practice with conversation, even though he seemed to know some of the words. "You know this?" He added. As the first wolf to address him, Bataar hoped that Howie could give him some idea as to where he'd wandered. Attentions turned from the other wolves around him, he focused on the Mexican wolf with the same intensity as he once focused on opponents in a ring; no distractions. However, at least this lacked the menace of those old interactions, and Bataar at least seemed friendly enough.
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:56 am

Howie found Bataar extremely unnerving. The powerful male smiled as he introduced himself and generally seemed friendly, but the way he stared Howie down like a choice piece of meat was pretty darn intimidating.

Here. Here is what place, please?" The lad's voice was gruff and it had a thick accent. "You know this?"

Howie shrugged, looking at Bataar's nose lest he have to make eye contact any longer.

"Well," he began, repeating the story for like the third time. "This is a zoo, and it's abandoned. I've lived here my whole life, and there's an easy way to get food, plus there's a really nice den. A human den, but no humans live here anymore so it's okay."

The Mexican dropped his voice as he continued. "That white and black wolf is Cole, and he's trying to make a pack. Anyone who wants to join is gonna get chased out. Everyone just walked up here all at once, but we don't know each other."

Howie hoped that was enough information about Bataar, because he himself was feeling too miserable over this whole ordeal to continue.
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 5:34 am

Bataar's brow furrowed at the smaller wolf spoke. He said many words, not all of which Bataar understood. At the mention of Cole, the brute looked in the direction of the black and white male. His fur bristled at the sight of him, although the tension was more of an excitement remniscent of past days. This one'd survived many fights, as Bataar had. He didn't want to tango with that fellow. However, if he did, it would be a match worth talking about.

"This place have... how to say 'bad air?'" Bataar said softly, "Many danger here in your zoo. Must be brave to life here, Howie." Bataar nodded respect to the wolf. Sure, he looked like he'd never scrapped with even his littermates, so small and nervous was he. But living here seemed enough adventure as it was. And strangely enough... he liked it.

"Maybe I join pack. Stay in your zoo with Cole and many wolf." He said cautiously. "Help Howie with many danger." The brute's tail swished behind him slowly, his interest obviously piqued. Bataar had tacitly agreed with Howie's explanation of the zoo and his right to be here, perhaps even claim it as his own. Having never really lived in a pack before, Bataar did not quite understand the mechanics. Was it like food with his keepers, on a first-come-first-serve basis? Or more like quartering with other fighters, in which the strongest are in control? Maybe this would be his chance to find out.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Coordinator
Coordinator
Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:06 pm

"Just inspecting the view - a rather interesting place you're running here."
      "Well then, aren't you going to invite me down, or at the very least introduce yourself? Or aren't you in charge?"

Cole became slightly tingly as the she-wolf spoke, her voice was smooth, cold, and steely. His ears flicked as he gave a small grin. His ears flicked as he stepped forth. "Weeellll" he rolled over his tongue as he replied before looking up to the female again. "the names Cole, and I am forming this pack. Hence why its a.... A bit messy down 'ere" he grinned, swishing his tail behind him. His ears were perked as he continued. "C'mon down here then" he chuckled as he sat.

(I have added a voice to Cole's bio if anyone is interested!)
Back to top Go down
Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 am

(oh! I'm interested!)

The dark female took an uncertain step back as the loud noise burst from seemingly nowhere. Shortly after, another female showed her face. She seemed to deviate from the types that has thus far presented themselves. Honestly, Karma was relieved. She found Howie strange, and Terra an irritant. Rubie reminded her too much of her once so lively young friend, and the others had yet to make too much of an impression.

As the wolves were introduced, Karma took a step forward to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Cole. Her gaze turned to the speaker blaring female who had made such a strange entrance that the wash of reactions had bothered even the seemingly uncaring dark female. With Rubie hiding under her, she stepped carefully as to not step on the russet female, and also gave her a soft brush of her tail to say that it was going to be okay.

"What the blazes did you do?" she questioned coolly of the newest arrival. The stance sounds reflected wanting to be a king, and yet, kings were not females. They were males. Silently, she tilted her head to Cle and muttered, "This might be one of those wolves that the humans ruin." by that, of course, she meant the animals that are worked on to no longer reproduce, but no word in the female's language could properly explain that.

Her golden gaze shifted to the new female, and then to to wolf that Howie was speaking with. She had met a gender less wolf before. He had once been a proud male, and the change had driven him insane. I don't want madness spread here she thought as she looked to the sky. Her tail swung behind her as her thoughts drifted, but she was very much there and prepared. Karma wondered if any of these wolves would test the leaders. It seemed that it would be unlikely of Howie, or of Rubie. But the less frightened and easygoing ones made her wonder.

Karma did not trust any of them. Well, none but Cole.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 am

"Weeellll" he rolled over his tongue as he replied before looking up to the female again. "the names Cole, and I am forming this pack. Hence why its a.... A bit messy down 'ere" he grinned, swishing his tail behind him. His ears were perked as he continued. "C'mon down here then" he chuckled as he sat.

One of the female's grey-tipped ears flicked back as she listened. After not having seen him earlier she took him to be just another happy-go-lucky 'let's welcome all the wolves' leaders with all the grinning he was doing. She gave a small sniff, rolling her shoulders as her eyes traced the path she would take down before her paws followed, lightly leaping from perch to ledge until she was on level ground with this make-shift pack. Straightening, she perked her ears as the dark wolf she took to be alpha female spoke.

"What the blazes did you do?" she questioned coolly before whispering something to the black and white wolf. The arctic female narrowed her golden eyes, pulling up short as a million suspicions crossed her mind, muscles tensing as she analysed their positions. The black and white leader and the large strange-speaking wolf would be her two biggest threats and both seemed to have a lot of experience in fighting. Then there was the dark she-wolf who had just spoken, such cold indifference often giving light to aggression and the golden female already seemed annoyed at her for reasons she did not understand. The others there did not seem to pose the same level of threat, but they were still points of distraction and she refused to under-estimate them.

With a stance that would let them know she wasn't afraid to fight, she gave a small smirk as the music from the speakers slowly died down to nothing. "Oh, y'know, just a bit of magic" she smirked, raising an eyebrow as she tilted her head with sarcastic innocence, "Why? Can't you do that?"
Back to top Go down
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:05 am

Rubie started to calm down after her initial fright from the loud singing noise, her ears perking just a touch to listen to the conversations. It sounded like the two wolves taking over were speaking with another female. Peaking out from under Karma, feeling a little braver to take a look from the black female's touch, she saw another female hop down. This one was white.

Backing out from under Karma, she wasn't watching where she was going and bumped into both Howie and the other male he was talking to (Bataar). Upon doing so she jumped forward like she had been shocked by electricity. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she squeaked, whirling around to face them, holding herself low to the ground as usual.
Back to top Go down
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

"Oh, y'know, just a bit of magic" she smirked, raising an eyebrow as she tilted her head with sarcastic innocence, "Why? Can't you do that?"

Kristla couldn't help herself. The ginger fae turned rapidly away from Terra and slunk toward the alphas and the arctic. Her initial annoyance at Ayla only rose as her sarcastic words reached her lobes. Kristla didn't like this female. Or how she had so easily changed Cole's demeanour. She was relieved, however, to see that Karma didn't seem to like the arctic either. But then again, the dark female didn't seem to like any of them except Cole and Rubie. Kristla could tolerate all kinds of wolves- but those who showed arrogance (like her) really pushed her buttons. She spoke slowly, as if allowing each word to sink into her tenaciously thick head. "Music isn't your special magic trick Missy. And for your information; we can." she retorted coldly, her voice like ice. "Well, I can at least. If you've come here just to smirk down at our alphas, maybe you should consider leaving. Who are you and what are you doing here?" And once you've told me- get the heck off of my turf, she added silently. 

Blue/red eyes locked on the fiery orbs of the she-wolf, daring her to argue back. To the wolves around her, Kristla's arrogant air had evaporated entirely, and was replaced with a dangerous calm. It was scary; as it was unpredictable. No emotion on a wolf made then hard to read. She held a sudden serenity that could turn violent in seconds, but would not show any anger or rage.
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 am

Howie wagged his tail. He quite liked this strange wolf - Bataar seemed a heck of a lot nicer than everyone else. And he was scary-looking.

"You should," the Mexican barked.

His attention was momentarily distracted by the newcomer, Cole seeming to find her vastly witty while Karma looked at her with more than a little suspicion. The pretty golden lass with the attitude (her name had eluded Howie) stalked up to the white female and snarled something. Howie groaned inwardly. Was this wolf going to act like this the whole time? Secretly, he hoped she would leave. And Cole. And probably the newest addition. Yes, that would be perfect.

Howie's attention was suddenly diverted to Rubie, who had bumped into him. The little russet wolf whipped around, flattened her ears, and crouched so low her belly brushed the snow.

"I'm sorry!" she yelped.

"Don't be sorry," the male soothed. Lying down, he rolled over on his back so that he was looking up at her from an awkward angle. He smiled. "That's crazy-talk. You didn't even do anything."

He rolled so that he was no longer upside-down, but didn't stand up. "This is Bataar, by the way. He's nice."

Last edited by Howie on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cages of Destiny
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Abandoned Amusement Pack :: Abandoned Amusement RolePlay :: The Abandoned Zoo-
Jump to: