Abandoned Amusement Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A unique Wolf Roleplaying Experience

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cages of Destiny

Go down 
+5
Terra
Howie
Rubie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 am

"Music isn't your special magic trick Missy. And for your information; we can." she retorted coldly, her voice like ice. "Well, I can at least. If you've come here just to smirk down at our alphas, maybe you should consider leaving. Who are you and what are you doing here?" Blue/red eyes locked on the fiery orbs of the she-wolf, daring her to argue back. Oh, and Ayla loved dares, though she would not give the wolf everything she wanted.

The white she-wolf made the point to yawn while the ginger female finished speaking, her gaze wandering as though she were bored. Giving a small shrug she turned her gaze lazily back to the wolf, "You're right, music isn't my special magic trick, just one of many." With her tail swishing behind her as she had been taught, she looked the female up and down quite obviously, sizing her up and allowing a small smirk to cross her features with a secret only she knew. She had been trained since a pup to kill, and no amount of bravado from this wolf would lessen that skill.

"As for who I am and what I am doing here, I hardly see it as any of your business. None of the wolves here seem to be grovelling at your paws," she quite pointedly let her gaze wander to half the wolves that weren't even paying them any attention, "So stop sucking up to the alpha male over here like some love-struck puppy and try and keep some kind of dignity - mother nature knows it's all you've got - so why don't you toddle off now and leave the important stuff like who I am to the adults, hm?"

She reflected the same calm façade to the ginger wolf, cocking an eyebrow only at the end as she allowed a small smile to cross her lips as though asking her to leave was a nice gesture.

[[ I've added a new history and voice for Ayla if anyone's interested :3 ]]
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 am

Bataar was a sure-footed brute, and remained as steady as stone when the smaller wolf bumped into him. She leapt forward as though he'd bit her, apologizing profusely for what was little more than a light touch. His ears flicked backward confusedly, but the stern look on his face seemed frightening.

His eyes remained on Howie, and his features remained stern. However, there was a curious light in his eyes, as he watched the antics of Howie and his attempts to calm the nervous female. Then, for a moment, his attentions turned to the two alphas apparent, and finally came to rest on two females, prancing and strutting like combatants in a cage to his eyes. Each was scrutinized as a warrior would study any enemy. Words. Words words words, things he could not understand, tone that was dark, but still, words. No fangs, no bristling fur, no blood.

He lost interest in them quickly, turning his eyes to Howie at the mention of his own name. Nice, he was called. As though to substantiate this claim, Bataar allowed his tail to wag for a moment, but his face remained, while not stern now, serene.
Back to top Go down
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Kristla looked up down the female as Ayla had, her whiskers twitching in amusement. Just because she had the strong build of most males, did she think she owned the place? By her speech, Kristla guessed so. While she spoke, the ginger fae let her eyes wonder around the clearing. She showed no obvious interest in the white wolf. When the words that reached her lobes halted, she turned her cranium to give the other a look. She seemed to be saying, Are you quite finished?

"Sucking up to the alphas? Love struck? My dear, you really don't understand anything do you." her smooth voice was laced with a sarcastic sweetness as she spoke. Kristla was glad no one else was interrupting. Maybe the alphas were interested in the argument. Maybe they were thinking of ways to kill her because they found her too annoying. Either way, Kristla didn't particularly care. If they didnt like her- so what? If they backed up the other female- why, but so what? She smiled and lowered herself to the floor, crossing her paws as she looked up at the arctic. Her tail flicked to the black/white brute. "I don't feel anything for him, you arrogant brat. He's a guy I just met minutes ago. I suppose unlike you, I not desperate enough to try and make a huge first impression and act all hard whenever I see a male and his pack. But then again, judging by your appearance, you could easily be a male yourself. Try taking a wash hun." She smiled as if she were giving her the nicest of compliments. Then sniggered, looking at her for once well groomed (if stylishly scruffy) pelt and then up at the female's thick, (just in her eyes) dirty fur. Kristla dramatically yawned and lay her head down on her paws, uncaring and quite frankly- bored.

She looked toward Karma and Cole, wondering why they weren't speaking. Were they suddenly going to shout at her? Throw her out? The former idea didn't bother her, but the latter struck a blow. Kristla really wanted to do that challenge. If she was exiled, she would never find out what it was. Banishing the thoughts, she called once last sentence over to Ayla. "You're boring me hun, come back once you've shown yourself to have at least one speck of importance here."
Back to top Go down
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 am

Rubie risked a glance at Howie as he moved to lie on his back in front of her. At first she wasn't sure what he was doing, showing your belly was sign of respect to another wolf. No body ever showed her respect, it was she having to roll over to others, too weak and timid to do anything else.

Looking at Howie, she realised he was trying to make her feel better. Her heart began to slow, her fright being calmed. She glanced over at the male, he spoke of, Bataar. She wasn't so sure about him being nice. He looked rather frightening, with his stocky build and hard face. The only sign of niceness was his tail wagging.

Despite all this, Rubie kept her stance, unsure about everything, eyes darting across each of the wolves.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:32 pm

"Well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black*" Ayla muttered with a roll of her eyes as she was apparently called an 'arrogant brat', a smirk further resting on her features as she was informed she could be mistaken for a male. Her tall, lean figure was clad in toned muscle, but not the bulk attributed to masculinity, for she would be a rather dainty wolf were it not for her training. She raised a brow as the younger wolf lay down with a dramatic yawn, seemingly bored with the talk. The arctic wolf didn't blame her.

"You're boring me hun, come back once you've shown yourself to have at least one speck of importance here."

"Unless you've got the back-bone to back those words up with teeth, you're not even worth coming back to, 'hun'" she shrugged, returning her attention back to the two leaders as though the encounter had been naught more than a pesky fly. "You really ought to keep a tighter leash on your pups." she commented to neither of them in particular as her eyes again wandered over the others present. Always analysing, always. Where were there weak spots? Any visible injuries? Do they look particularly fast? She couldn't switch it off if she tried.

Her main focal point back on the di-coloured male and the dark female, she tilted her head and asked rather bluntly, "So, do you have anything to offer that's worth me staying a little while longer, or should I take the currently more appealing option and just keep walking?" She had little interest in staying more than a few days, and if interactions were going to be as irritating as that with the ginger female she felt even less pull to stay with them. She was brought up a solitary soul and had no problem leaving them far behind if there was nothing else to hold her interest.

*Let's pretend that's a saying not foreign to wolves xD
[[ uber lame - had no muse lately ]]
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Howie grit his teeth in annoyance at these arguing females. He had never heard anyone bicker so much - and literally over nothing. He hoped they decided not to stay.

Rubie and Bataar, on the other paw, he hoped would stick around. Bataar seemed like he would make an excellent shield against the rudeness of everyone else and Rubie... Howie had to think about her for a minute. She was so afraid of everyone! Howie wanted to make her happy; the Mexican could hardly bear to see anyone looking so miserable.

He turned to both of his (hopefully) new friends. "So do you guys think you'll stay? I'm staying. I love this zoo so much, I don't know if I could leave it."

The male couldn't be alone again, either. These faces - however rude some of them may be - were the first he'd seen in months.

(uggghhhh this is so bad don't look at it. Writer's block, ow.)
Back to top Go down
Ysolt
Forager
Forager
Ysolt

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm

An emaciated wolf silently picked his way around the cages and scraggly bushes. He tripped on an ugly strip of vine, but quickly recovered. His smokey muzzle rose, breathing deeply. Wolf scent was on the breeze, but still some way away. The tall wolf made no effort to go to where they were. He was a wanderer, Ysolt was, and company one way or the other didn't effect him. The green eyes flickered back and forth. He paused at the edge of a pit, a place where the chain link was long gone. Ysolt crept as close as he dared, peering down. It was too deep to jump out of, and in the corner were white bones appearing to be of some type of animal. Ysolt calmly turned away and kept going. He hadn't realized he was close to the wolves now. He could vaguely hear their voices. There was enough curiousity to make him go a bit closer. Crouching deep in the undergrowth, smokey fur blending quite nicely, his yellow flecked eyes studied the rag-tag group.
Back to top Go down
Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Standing as though there was nothing more important to her than the puff of air that came from her mouth when she let out her breath, the dark female listened to the interactions between the wolves. They seemed to be perfectly capable of handling themselves, and yet, with the threat of the two getting into a tooth and claw fight, Karma was prepared.

However when the attention turned to her, with Ayla asking what there was there that would be reason enough for her to stay, or if she should keep walking, Karma took a small step forward and eyed the white female with the care that she might eye a tree. "You've got quite the sum of spunk, deary. However, I have dealt with beasts that are more terrifying than you, and I have to say that I am not impressed. Should you wish to stay, the Grounds are over there," with that, she indicated to the area that had been decided to be the testing grounds for new members. "Test your skill there, see how well you fare against beasts that can impale you with ease unlike anything in the world. Emerge victorious. Grow. But when you are done, then we can talk."

Turning her gaze to the others, Karma heightened the volume of her voice. "The same goes for the rest of you!" Take your challenge. Earn a place within the pack[/color]." Though she did not show it, the dark female was exhausted. Her head throbbed with the pulsations of a headache, and she longed for nothing more than a nice nap.

Standing on shaky legs, she watched the other wolves.
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 am

Bataar's eyes turned from his new little friends to the speaking female. Howie asked him whether he would stay or not. This female issued a challenge. She spoke quickly, with words her did not know, but he understood her meaning. "I stay." He said again to Howie with a nod. His tone was certain and had some force of assurance behind it. Having been a wanderer for some time now, it seemed a very brash and sudden decision, but Bataar's training was based on obeying simple requests, particularly from those he trusted.

Turning from Howie and Rubie, he focused on the leading female. To his expert eyes, her weariness was obvious. He checked himself against her, considering their matched strengths and weaknesses. He rarely spoke so certainly unless he knew how he would stand physically against another.

I am Bataar, a... hariyn, er, alone-er. And I take test." He said in his accented tone. He spoke loudly enough for all to hear. "In morning, you will to me talk of this pack." There was no fear in his voice, and a stern certainty in his face. His words were carefully picked, his language skills seeming to be lacking.
Back to top Go down
Ysolt
Forager
Forager
Ysolt

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Ysolt shifted his gaze over to the speaking female. Even from her stance, her dominance was obvious. Although, from the sentences her harsh voice enunciated, Ysolt did not like her. She spoke of a challenge. Ysolt wondered what it was. The emaciated wolf was unsure if this was the place for him. The smokey male decided to stalk them for awhile, watch the test and then decide. His yellow flecked eyes shifted to the male. He seemed to lack fluent language. Ysolt titled his head slightly, studying him and looking over them all. Very rag-tag, different and were either bad, argumentative company or shy and submissive company, it looked. Ysolt resisted the urge to snort loudly. Wasn't this an interesting pack.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Coordinator
Coordinator
Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Cole looked as the conversations started to be thrown back and forth, and back and forth, between Kristla, and the new white female. He felt the presence of Karma beside him and felt that she had trusted him already. He felt now comfortable that the female had trusted him.

Cole, by now had, had enough from the lot of them. "Will you lot Shut ya traps!" he snarled loudly over the lot of them. His tail curled up over his back and hackles rolled up along it. "This is now mine and Karma's territory. If your not interested in joining our pack, then get out!! And stop with yer' arguing! Your doing my head in!" he barked. A growl remained present in his throat and his ears perked with an aggressive stance, waiting on the response from them.

Back to top Go down
https://abandonedamusement.rpg-board.net
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 pm

The orange red hued female's eyes darted fearfully between the arguing wolves. They looked as if they could attack one another at a moment's notice. And it would not be pretty. Her attention from the bickering pair was briefly drawn away thanks to Howie. Stay? She had hardly given it much thought. Looking around at the wolves, some not as nice as others, she wondered if she really wanted to stay with this bunch of wolves. It wasn't like she did very well in the company of others, especially if they scared her as the arguing bunch did.

Karma, the black female who had taken a dominant position with the white and black, Cole, was dealing with the arguing pair before addressing everyone. At her words Rubie felt her last meal jump into the back of her throat. There was a test? and worse yet one with dangerous impaling beasts!?! The female began to feel light headed, her body becoming too much for her paws to hold making them shake.

At Cole's bark she lost it and her mind went blank and her body went limp as she fainted for the second time in the same day. She didn't stay out cold long but stirring slowly she did not rise or even open her eyes, just lying there too frightened of being chucked into a pit with a creature that would tear out her innards.

((Lol this one's a fainter XD))
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Howie groaned inwardly. Why did Cole have to yell? Suddenly, he heard a thud behind him. Turning, he saw Rubie collapsed into a heap on the snow. oh no He backed up to kind of stand over her, lest Cole ate her or something (really, Howie wouldn't put it past the "Alpha".)

He looked at the bi-colored male now.

"I'll stay," he said quietly. "I would prefer to stay in my zoo, after all."

The Mexican tried not to stress the word "my", although he wanted to. He didn't have enough courage to challenge Cole - instead he stared at his snow-damp paws.
Back to top Go down
Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 am

The dark female eyed the wolves then turned her back to begin walking towards the area where she and Cole had entered. The thud of Rubie's fainting bothered her slightly, as indicated with the twitch of her ears, but Karma was not ready to just drop everything if the female couldn't handle her own fear.

Cut it out! she ordered herself. If she wasn't careful, she would be in danger of actually starting to care for these wolves. That in itself was a terrifying idea, so she kept her back to them as she called out: "Those interested in staying, or taking the challenge, follow me!"

Her paws maneuvered with slight reluctance toward the battle fields.
Back to top Go down
Bataar
Centurion
Centurion
Bataar

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:54 am

The sturdy mongolian turned to follow the female, but paused as the smaller fae collapsed in fear. When he was a pup, he would have scoffed at her weakness, but now he just needed her to rise.

He butted her shoulder gently with his head. "Come." He ordered softly. "We take test together. Come and do not take test alone." Perhaps the fear of facing the unknown by herself would rouse her to follow. He looked on Howie with a serene gaze. "No fear now. Help her, and together we go." He said. He sounded authoritative, stern. He didn't want to leave them behind, but if they were to stay they would have to take the test.

Bataar's limp was masked but visible as he walked. He ignored the other wolves, the arguing females, the alpha male, and silently fell into step in the path the female had led him.

He kept an ear back to listen for Howie and Rubie. He didn't want to leave them, but if he went ahead he would be able to assess the challenge, and figure out how to get them all through it. Obviously, they would take the test together, but if there was danger, it would have to be strategically done.

-to the battle fields-
Back to top Go down
Howie
Spy
Spy
Howie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 am

Howie nodded and took up stance on the other side of Rubie. Poor Rubie. She was so scared - Howie wanted more than anything in the whole world to make her feel better. At least they both had Bataar...

Suddenly the realization hit the male: they were going to the safari area! The fur on his back stood up in a straight line; Howie forced it back lest Rubie become even more scared. What, was Karma STUPID? She didn't know what lay in wait at the safari!

-derp short but we're going to the battle fields anyways.-
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Centurion
Centurion
Ayla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 am

Ayla kept her blood cool as the other wolves showed very apparent annoyance at her and the other female's bickering. Just another problem with a pack, she thought bitterly, Nobody keeps to their own business, it's not as though we were disturbing them directly. She shed the thought though at a mention of a challenge, her ears twitching in interest as she tried to anticipate what it could be. As it was partially explained the smallest female fainted for what seemed the second time and the arctic wolf felt a large part of her scoff at the all too apparent weakness of the red canid, though a small part of her tried to fight those instincts that had been drilled into her and reserve judgement. The other two wolves came to her aid anyway and her gaze drew back to the dark female.

The call to rise to the challenge and even join the pack echoed as the alpha wolf began to lead the others away, the white female's lean muscle tensing with indecision. She had no pull to join a pack. She had been taught to fend for herself and that was that. None of this caring business. That same teaching pulled at her to take on the challenge and without realising she found herself rising to her paws and following after the others at a small distance, knowing her presence was not desired among them.

--super lame exit to the battle fields--
Back to top Go down
Ysolt
Forager
Forager
Ysolt

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Ysolt waited for a few minutes for the wolves to get out of site. He was interested in seeing the test before he made his decision. If anything, the pack was dysfunctional. But entertaining. After a few silent minutes in the abandoned zoo, Ysolt rose from his hiding spot and silently tracked the wolves to where they were headed.

- Off to the Battle Fields -
Back to top Go down
Kristla
Forager
Forager
Kristla

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:01 am

The "pack" were obviously irritated by Kristla and the white fem's bickering, such was demonstrated by Cole's angry shouts. It was a shame really. Maybe if he wasn't so hotheaded she would like him. Eh, it's not like I'm going to live in his territory forever, She shrugged mentally.

Kristla's ears twitched as a light thud sounded from behind her. She predicted the arrival of another wolf jumping down from the wall as she did, but, turning her cranium, she saw the young red female collapsed on the floor. Obviously Cole's shouting had caused her to faint. Kristla shook her head slightly. If the alpha's anger was enough to make her faint, what would real dangers do to her? If the challenge -as promised- was indeed dangerous, what would Rubie do? She couldn't collapse in the middle of the test area; she'd be killed!

"Those interested in staying, or taking the challenge, follow me!"

The light ginger fae trailed behind the other wolves who followed Karma. Uncertainty whispered at the back of her mind, making her worry and wonder if rising to the challenge might not have been one of her greatest ideas. Despite the lingering doubt that circled her mind, she kept a cool poker face and carried diligently on toward the challenge area. Kristla couldn't back down now. She would be considered a whelp- all bark and no bite. She wasn't about to let their image of her be a sniveling coward. She was Kristla the independent thrill seeker.
Back to top Go down
Rubie
Spy
Spy
Rubie

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 am

Rubie felt the presence of a wolf stand over her. Inhaling she was able to tell that it was Howie. He wanted to stay and take whatever test the leader had in mind. The female peaked open her eyes to see Karma walking off. She looked over at the large male as she felt his head touch her shoulder. He was encouraging her to come along with him. She certainly didn't want to take the test alone. That would be far worse than spending time around other wolves, and so far Howie and Bataar had not been mean to her.

The two males walked off after Karma, soon followed by Kristla and the white female. Glancing at Cole she looked over him briefly before skittering off after the others. She was not about to be left behind with the seeming aggressive and loud male.

~Off to the Battle Fields
Back to top Go down
Cole
Coordinator
Coordinator
Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:56 am

Cole watched as the wolves dispersed one after the other, following Karma to the battle arena. He grinned. He was going to bring up the rear of the group. He stood for a moment and looked around, before trotting off behind the others, following them not by sight, but by smell, for they had disappeared long out of his eyesight range.

He gave a small chuckle at the thought of some of the weaker wolves going in and being trampled by the large grey beast that had chased him and Karma into here. It would be quite an entertainment package for Cole.

-- Off to the Battle Fields.
Back to top Go down
https://abandonedamusement.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cages of Destiny   The Cages of Destiny - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cages of Destiny
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Abandoned Amusement Pack :: Abandoned Amusement RolePlay :: The Abandoned Zoo-
Jump to: